Client Beta [27]

Information about the updates made through the autopatcher.

Re: Client Beta [18]

Postby killerda » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Script, the game is looking amazing. I'm so glad it's working out well. I never lost faith in you. I just got on tonight and i am loving it. I am going to explore the world some and get back to you on it when i'm done.

To all non- -admins, -gms, -mappers, and ect... If you cannot log on then this would probably be the best plan of attack:
1. Go to http://www.steelw.com/files/setup.exe and download the game again. Save the download somewhere as Steel warrior installer.
2. Run the installer. When it asks for a location the average home pc will say C:\Program Files\Steel Warrior you probably already have that folder as your old versions. Either delete it and save the installed Steel Warrior program in it's place, or change the directory to C:\Program Files\Steel Warrior2 and save ALL other downloads in that folder.
3. After you have the game installed run main.exe from the Steel Warrior folder it is in. Keep running the program untill it will not autoupdate any more. It will let you try to log in as normal but the server will be offline anyway.
4. Now head to http://www.steelw.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3615 That is a manual patch for after the all the other autopatches. Save this alongside your saved steel warrior installer, then run the program (you may need to install the 7-zip program to unzip it and extract the files). Extract all the files into the Steel Warrior Directory you are using and REPLACE all files.
5. Go into your Steel Warrior directory and just plain delete the GUI folder.
6. Download and save the current corebeta from this thread. Save it with your other three installers. Unzip the file and extract it all into your Steel Warrior Directory. REPLACE any files.
7. Finally If you are not a developer/mapper/gm than you will need the download that is found underneath the UPDATE!UPDATE! section of this thread. This program may be saved as same as the others then run it and place all the files into your Steel Warrior Directory.
8. Your game should be able to run now from the steel warrior folder run select and choose the developers server. If done correctly you should be all set.

Hope that helps. Worked perfect for me :P.
hew

killerda
Master

Re: Client Beta [19]

Postby Toastercup » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:27 am

Thanks for the guide, killerda :D Nicely done.

In other news, new beta! \o/

weh

Toastercup
Master

Postby just me » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:44 pm

wow nice i finally got online, so my old acc doesn't work (acc name doesn't exist) so i create new one... i walk in temple, nice chat with npc (he don't want to give me free wine :(... ) but i had to notice............... where is monkey with the key???????

just me
Veteran

Postby Fidgety Duck » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 pm

the gate no longer, or currently does not require a key.
you can walk right on through
100% Not a Bolivian Spambot.
Bring back the Hearthion!

Fidgety Duck

Postby just me » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 am

well it needs time for gates to open, so i thought you still need a key :D

just me
Veteran

Postby Fidgety Duck » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:53 pm

one thing we'd benefit from is if someone went through and balanced all the items and added sell prices
i could be doing that, but i've got maps to go through

Fidgety Duck

Re: Client Beta [21]

Postby Toastercup » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah, we definitely need sell prices set before advertising begins.

Now that the server's been open, I'm really keen on some feedback from you guys. Tell us what you like, what you don't like!
Also, we *need* donations! We're coming to the point where we can't continue further unless we get some money in. Thanks for any help you can muster!

weh

Toastercup
Master

Postby Fidgety Duck » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 am

The only way I can donate at the moment is by sending money in an envelope via the postal service.
Is this okay?

Fidgety Duck

Postby Magatron » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 am

The server looks and is getting to it best!
One thing: Whelp Scales
They are a 1/90 drop rate. So to get the Whelp shield you have to kill 2600 Whelps! :shock: AND Whelp Scale don't give the best weapons in the game... I think we should lower the rate to 1/20 because then it would only be 400 kills... That just sounds better. Drake Scales can stay the same.
Anyone else? :idea:
Edit: Also the shops need a update before v.8. Mostly just making the items stronger and maybe as they get stronger they cost more. 8)
How is paper doll going?
I speak for all of The Forgotten Minions...

Magatron

Re: Client Beta [22]

Postby PaladinWarrior » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:34 am

Script! Everything's looking good! One concern is a few of the shops are causing the game to crash...the "General Store" and the "Ninja Arms" are to name a few...I also noticed that in any store you go to, the man that looks like "Einstein" (white haired store guy) when you go purchase from him the game freezes and crashes... any chance you get these debugged? Thanks bud!

PaladinWarrior

Postby Toastercup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 am

I was watching the server last night, and noticed you got disconnected a few times. My Internet is almost useless, and can't hold a constant connection, so that might've been why you got booted *A LOT*.

Were these RTEs (Run Time Errors) or just disconnections? (disconnections as in the game window just suddenly closes)

weh

Toastercup
Master

Postby TheDjax » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Hold on, I was up until about 5am my time, and I didn't see the server come on ONCE!
What gives!?

TheDjax

Postby Toastercup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Because today was a maintenance day! I got some defragging and whatnot done.

It's been up all the other times, though :3
Up now!

weh

Toastercup
Master

Postby TheDjax » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm

I've got it open, RIGHT NOW, and it says it's offline!

I've also had it up most of the weekend, when it's been OFFLINE!

??????

TheDjax

Postby Toastercup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

You'll need to grab the beta version that's in this thread, Djax! The IPs have changed.

weh

Toastercup
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Updates